Learn the steps you’ll need to take in order to translate your life into story. Join me in this eight-session telephone workshop. The small-class environment offers instruction, camaraderie and personal attention.
Writing assignments will help you move your project forward, and email exchanges will provide you with feedback to help you on your journey to turn memories into memoirs.
What you’ll learn
- How to use writing prompts to mine your memory
- How to write a scene to show your memories to readers
- What is a “story” and how to convert memories into this shape
- How find the driving emotional force (what you seek)
- The powerful “character arc”(what you learn)
- The importance of reading memoirs, and how to draw lessons from them.
We’ll use examples from Sonia Marsh’s memoir Freeways to Flip-Flops to show how to find lessons in memoirs including:
- The value of family and other relationships in memoirs
- The importance of the timeframe to keep the story moving forward
- What is a memoir really “about”?
- The quirky, individualistic “Voice” and how to bring your inner voice to the page
How it works
We’ll get together for eight 90-minute telephone sessions, including teaching, sharing your work, and coaching about next steps. Between each session, you will write brief assignments to apply the lessons. Then through email and voice, we discuss the assignment and help you integrate it into your own emerging story.
Phone sessions will be scheduled Thursday’s at 7PM Eastern, starting on January 16
Dates: January 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6
Sign Up Now
The cost for all 8 phone sessions, plus email responses and answers to your questions: $300.00
Contact me privately in the form below.
Or leave your comment in the Leave a Reply field below.